- An art exhibit and auction in Houston giving 20-100 artists the opportunity to experience the power of their creative self-expression. Attendance would include the general public, members of the participating artists’ communities, and the venue's community.
- An artists’ support-network group and educational organization designed to create ways of easily releasing the “starving artist” mentality and achieving an “abundant artist” mentality, to share career opportunities and resources in a non-competitive environment, and to participate in creating the Artists Alive and Well exhibit and auction.
- A mentoring program, pairing emerging artists with experienced artists who have mastered overcoming the “starving artist” mentality for mutual inspiration.
- Artists Alive and Well Exhibit and Auction – October 18-November 26, 2007
- Support Network Group, Educational Organization and Mentoring Program – ongoing starting July 2007 (reply to LSPosey@earthlink.net to receive meeting notices)
- Artists Alive and Well Exhibit and Auction open to all artists participating in the Artists Alive and Well program. All art lovers are invited to attend the exhibit and appreciate and invest in the works of these fine artists.
- Support Network Group, Educational Organization and Mentoring Program are open to artists from beginners to professionals who are eager to expand their confidence and their market, to shed the “starving artist” label, move into “abundant artist” mode and accelerate into success.
- Starting in Houston.
- Going global. Ask about opportunities to create Artists Alive and Well in your area.
BENEFITS TO THE ARTISTS:
- Experience the power and positive impact of their own creative self-expression.
- Release the “starving artist” mentality that has limited their self-expression and success.
- Learn to share and sell their work in a positive, supportive venue.
- Create a vibrant, healthy, prosperous art community that makes a difference in the world.
- Participate in a support-network group (1) to share career opportunities and resources in a non-competitive environment, (2) to develop and master ways of easily releasing the “starving artist” mentality and move into “abundant artist” mode, and (3) to participate in creating the Artists Alive and Well exhibit and auction.
- Work with a mentor, an experienced artist who has mastered overcoming the “starving artist” mentality, during the period leading up to the exhibit-auction.
- Benefit from citywide media promotion of Artists Alive and Well, supplementing artists’ current marketing efforts and broadening the audience for their works.
- Enjoy enhanced exposure to people who otherwise might not know about their work.
OTHER POSSIBLE OUTCOMES:
- Ongoing art exhibits and sales.
- Ongoing educational programs.
- Quarterly art shows leading up to an annual show and auction.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER OF ARTISTS ALIVE AND WELL:
Linda Summers Posey, owner of Communication Plus, is a Houston writer, artist and jewelry designer. She has more than 25 years of experience as a marketing communications consultant and freelance writer. In recent years, Linda has explored her creativity in new ways, developing her talents as a jewelry designer, sketch artist and painter. Using her past marketing and communications experience, Linda will be active in developing and leading the Artists Alive and Well programs. She is in the process of creating the media campaign to promote the artists’ network and the exhibit-auction as soon as the dates and venue are scheduled.
Linda Summers Posey
Writer, Artist, Jewelry Designer